Reserved identifiers, was Re: Thoughts on moving towards ANSI

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Sat Feb 11 02:15:16 AEST 1989

In article <23551 at watmath.waterloo.edu> jagardner at watmath.waterloo.edu (Jim Gardner) writes:
>In article <9621 at smoke.BRL.MIL> Gwyn at BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB)) writes:
>>Note also that the "pascal" keyword of APW C should be changed to
>>something like _pascal_ and then for compatibility the APW-specific
>Shouldn't that be __pascal, or _Pascal? Or has ANSI decided to simplify
>the reserved identifier rules as an editorial change.

My copy of the proposed standard is buried as a result of moving to a
new office, so I couldn't look this up.  Thus the "something like".
Of course I recommend following the actual standard specification.