Reserved identifiers, was Re: Thoughts on moving towards ANSI

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Wed Feb 15 00:49:54 AEST 1989

In article <50499 at yale-celray.yale.UUCP> leichter at cs.yale.edu (Jerry Leichter) writes:
>... There are NO reserved words in PL/I! ...  That most people are
>not aware of this feature of PL/I is testimony to the fact that it is possible
>for the resulting grammar to be quite natural.

Or to the fact that many PL/I compilers *do* have reserved words, i.e. they
do not implement the full language.  (In fact, has there ever been a PL/I
compiler that implemented the *entire* language?)
--
The Earth is our mother;       |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
our nine months are up.        | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu