__STDC__ and non-conforming ANSI C compilers

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.COM
Mon Jan 16 12:39:17 AEST 1989

In article <8470 at edsews.EDS.COM>, charette at edsews.EDS.COM (Mark A. Charette) writes:
> If we could only get them to drop the __STDC__ if the compiler doesn't conform
> to the full-use standards.

Convincing a vendor to simply drop __STDC__=0 is probably harder than
it looks because it will "break" the code of those who bought the compiler
the first time.  Perhaps a reasonable compromise is to permit __STDC__
to be #undef-ed (on the command line, perhaps) in non-conformant mode.

     Steve

Stephen J. Friedl        3B2-kind-of-guy            friedl at vsi.com
V-Systems, Inc.       I speak for you only      attmail!vsi!friedl
Santa Ana, CA  USA       +1 714 545 6442    {backbones}!vsi!friedl
---------Nancy Reagan on Hawaiian musicians: "Just say Ho"--------