how to exit from a signal routine

bob larson blarson at basil.usc.edu
Fri Jul 7 10:49:43 AEST 1989

In article <7997 at cbnews.ATT.COM> mark at cbnews.ATT.COM (Mark Horton) writes:
>Is there
>any conceivable implementation of longjmp that will have problems
>when it gets called 1 1/2 times?

On the Prime 50 series, longjump includes backtracking through the
stack for cleanup$ condition handlers (none will be present in
portable C) and for restoring registers.  I don't think longjump from
within longjump would cause problems unless your cleanup$ condition
handler was non-reentrant, but I wouldn't guarentee this.

Also, you would have to guarentee your second longjump call would have
to be to the same or an earlier level, or you could have a real mess.

Bob Larson	Arpa:	blarson at basil.usc.edu
Uucp: {uunet,cit-vax}!usc!basil!blarson
Prime mailing list:	info-prime-request%ais1 at ecla.usc.edu
			usc!ais1!info-prime-request