Significant name length list

david Fridley david at psitech.UUCP
Sun Jul 23 07:46:49 AEST 1989

Requiring there to be a maximum name length is the sign of an inexperienced
programmer.  It is a simple process to tag each symbol with its length and
realloc() the block untill it is big enough for any symbol, as long as there
is enough memory (DOS) or enough virtual memory (real opreating systems).
If any compiler, assembler, linker house really don't understand how to
do this, I will personally post an explanation, and an example.
Please, NO ARBITRARY LIMITS!

david.

DISCLAIMER: If it's important have a backup.  If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Proceed at your own risk. My oponions are MY own. Spelling does not count.
My fondest dream is to leave this planet.