Interpretation needed Re: function prototypes (LONG)

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Wed Jul 12 14:40:30 AEST 1989

In article <12570017 at hpclwjm.HP.COM> walter at hpclwjm.HP.COM (Walter Murray) writes:
>I hope someone who understands "top type" will confirm my understanding
>on this, or straighten me out.

I think you got it right.  A pointer to a qualified type is not itself
a qualified type (unless of course an ADDITIONAL qualifier is supplied
at the top level).

You think 3.1.2.5 is puzzling now, you should have seen it before the
last major overhaul.  I think it's about as clear as we are able to
make it.  I don't know if that reflects upon the actual language design
or upon our ability to describe it..