struct comparison - reprise

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Mon Jul 24 23:47:41 AEST 1989

In article <10593 at smoke.BRL.MIL>, gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) writes:
> That's also my general observation:  When I need composite objects, I
> practically always find that I also need operations on them beyond any
> simple model that could reasonably be supported directly via language
> operators.  Complex multiplication is just one of the simplest examples.

This is a reasonable point, but do keep in mind that this is also true of
simple objects. For example, when dealing with !(char *)! objects, don't
you practically always find that you need operations on them beyond any
simple model that could reasonably be supported directly via language
operators? !strcmp()! is just one of the simplest examples.
Business: peter at ficc.uu.net, +1 713 274 5180. | "...helping make the world
Personal: peter at sugar.hackercorp.com.   `-_-' |  a quote-free zone..."
Quote: Have you hugged your wolf today?  'U`  |    -- hjm at cernvax.cern.ch