Re^2: trigraphs

Markku Sakkinen sakkinen at tukki.jyu.fi
Wed Jun 14 17:20:49 AEST 1989

In article <324 at texas.dk> storm at texas.dk (Kim F. Storm) writes:

>So to summarise, the Danish proposal was not really a replacement for the
>trigraphs (although I cannot believe they will ever be used), it was
>a proposal to make portable alternatives to the ASCII specific characters
>which would be portable WITHOUT conversion.
>Kim F. Storm        storm at texas.dk        Tel +45 429 174 00
>Texas Instruments, Marielundvej 46E, DK-2730 Herlev, Denmark
>	  No news is good news, but nn is better!

For those who want more details:
There is a paper about this in the EUUG Newsletter Vol. 9 No. 2
(Summer 1989) that has just come out. It's written by Keld Simonsen
and Bjarne Stroustrup.

Markku Sakkinen
Department of Computer Science
University of Jyvaskyla (a's with umlauts)
Seminaarinkatu 15
SF-40100 Jyvaskyla (umlauts again)
Finland