ANSI <--> K&R conversion utilities - COMMING SOON

Dave Jones djones at megatest.UUCP
Fri Jun 2 09:37:31 AEST 1989

> In article <229 at pink.ACA.MCC.COM> rfg at pink.aca.mcc.com.UUCP (Ron Guilmette) writes:
>
>>Who wants to go backwards?

It's the implied concept of backwards and forwards is backwards.

Assuming that you like ANSII-C better than C, one wants an (ANSII-C)-to-C compiler
so that one can make the "forward" step to writing in ANSII-C rather than in C.

There are lots of C compilers around. If we had just one ANSII-C to C compiler,
we would then have lots of ANSII-C-to-machine-code compilers.  I could use
an ANSII-C-to-C compiler.

It's the same reason that cfront compiles C++ into C.