Mark Williams C

Kenneth Soohoo kens at atari.UUCP
Wed Jun 14 02:25:06 AEST 1989

In article <381 at laas.laas.fr> ralph at laas.laas.fr (Ralph P. Sobek) writes:

>Since the previous postings were discussing what one complier supports
>or does not support, I have a simple question.
>
>Is it true that MWC does not support the IEEE floating point standard?
>Is it in the queue?  According to our local ST mag (precisely: ST
>Magazine), they stated that MWC uses the DEC standard.

Yes, Ralph, MWC _does_ support the DEC format, which isn't a heck of a lot
of help with the MC6881 floating point co-processor board, which uses IEEE
standard floating point.  As far as _I_ know, MWC has plans to support
IEEE in the near future (i.e. "we're working on it, OK???").

You should check out, oh, any number of other compilers if you _really_ need
IEEE... Aztec, Alycon... ;-) Oh, and regarding the expansion bus which the
'881 sits on in a Mega, it'd be _really_ hard to make the equivalent slot
for a 520/1040 style machine, sorry.

--
Kenneth Soohoo			{ames,imagen,portal}!atari!kens
Atari Engineering