realloc

Dave Jones djones at megatest.UUCP
Fri Mar 31 09:02:35 AEST 1989

I guess this is all figured out now.

My $.02:

1. The first posting may have had just a hint of flame to it, but
   there was no call to heap such a raft of shit on the guy.
   I've been reading the net for over four years, and I am still sometimes
   amazed by the vitriol that purely technical discussions can elicit.
   (Grumble, mumble, snort.)

2. Just because the ANSII draft says that realloc((char*)0, size) is supposed
   to be cool does not mean it ever will be universally portable.  (I
   wonder why they did it.  Looks like asking for trouble.)   ANSII can
   only legislate what ANSII-conforming compilers do.  I expect variants
   of the old runtime libraries to be around as long as I live, (and I'm
   trying to eat more vegetables and get some walking in, so that could
   be *years*!).