typedef names in parameter lists

Richard H. Gumpertz rhg at cpsolv.UUCP
Fri Nov 17 13:18:59 AEST 1989

In article <11603 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>Check out 3.5.6, Examples, which explains how to apply the notion of
>typedefs in such a declaration context.

This text that Doug cites was added sometime between January 1988 and
December 1988.  If you missed it, it is probably because you have an old
draft.  I only got around to getting an up-to-date copy last week (sigh).

The high cost of the drafts has really hurt -- many people tend to work
from obsolete documents.

I think DARPA did quite well by making the Internet standards (RFCs)
available for "free" (i.e.  subsidized indirectly as art of operating
the Internet and the NIC) so that nobody would have any excuse for
working from obsolete documents.  Too bad ANSI can't find a better
source of funds and so has to keep such tight control over its
documents.