Empty source file

Christoph Kuenkel ckl at uwbln.UUCP
Tue Oct 17 06:33:15 AEST 1989

In article <9802 at chinet.chi.il.us>, kdb at chinet.chi.il.us (Karl Botts) writes:
> [..................................................].  It is quite
> reasonable and not uncommon to have source files which are empty after the
> preoprocessor gets done with them.  I have had such in the past, and have
> explicitly tested it on xeveral compilers, and empty source files do
> compile to do-nothing objects, which seems right to me.
There are loaders which have trouble with modules without
symbols!  You'd better insert something like

#if cond
usefull code
#else
static nop() {}
#endif

and hope that the optimizer does not strike you :-)
--
# include <std/disclaimer.h>
Christoph Kuenkel/UniWare GmbH       Kantstr. 152, 1000 Berlin 12, West Germany