What is a constant expression

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Wed Oct 25 05:01:17 AEST 1989

In article <727 at lakart.UUCP>, dg at lakart.UUCP (David Goodenough) writes:

|  MAJOR MAJOR PROBLEM - our C compiler (greenhills) likes the useages of
|  postquote and prequote in that order. Some compilers may not care, while
|  others might want them reversed. I think it depends on whether nested
|  macros are expanded from the inside out (as Greenhills does), or outside
|  in.

  I appreciate the suggestion, but, as you say, it's not portable. Worse
than that, it doesn't work on either of the ANSI-filed compilers I
tried. Because of the way the macro is called I can't trust any editor
to change the code without breaking it, so I did the globals by hand.
The true solution would be a character analogy of #arg.
--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
that the world is flat!" - anon