noalias (was: Re: the "const" qualifier)

David Adrien Tanguay datanguay at watmath.waterloo.edu
Mon Oct 23 01:25:05 AEST 1989

In article <1989Oct22.002400.24104 at utzoo.uucp> henry at utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
>"Success excuses many things."  Unless the wording revisions since the
>third public review have botched something -- I'd be a bit happier if
>I didn't get the impression that considerable further work was done on what
>was supposed to be a finished product -- the end product is reasonably good.

You can breathe easy on that account. The changes I've noticed between the
October and December 88 drafts resulted in a very noticeable improvement
in the quality of the technical writing. It's interesting to leaf through
a bunch of drafts to see the evolution of some passages, from wording that
leaves you thinking "Huh?" to something that actually makes sense.

David Tanguay