commom malloc/free practice breaks standard - author strikes back

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Wed Oct 25 07:54:39 AEST 1989

In article <1429 at crdos1.crd.ge.COM> davidsen at crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
>In article <11380 at smoke.BRL.MIL>, gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>  Of course. One of the big drawbacks of no machine readable copies for
>anyone except the committee is that only they can do a comprehensive
>search for a topic.

I don't have a machine-readable copy (although I could have had one).
It's not that hard to find out the answer to almost any question, if
you're familiar with the Standard.  The index does help..