Declarations in switches, errors

Norman Diamond diamond at csl.sony.co.jp
Fri Sep 29 12:10:30 AEST 1989

In article <10041 at xanth.cs.odu.edu> kremer at cs.odu.edu (Lloyd Kremer) writes:

>No, a switch statement is entered by a jump to a label.

Mr. Kremer, you start your reply with "No."  So you think that correct
execution of a switch statement constitutes abnormal entry to the block.
I conjecture that very few will agree with you.

Otherwise, it seems that both posters are correct.  Executing a switch
statement is both normal entry and a jump to a label.  The standard is
self-contradictory.

--
Norman Diamond, Sony Corporation (diamond at ws.sony.junet)
  The above opinions are inherited by your machine's init process (pid 1),