C newsgroups (was: Re: Rationale for posting draft V7 C description)

Ron Guilmette rfg at NCD.COM
Mon Dec 3 17:00:45 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov16.194458.24971 at athena.mit.edu> scs at adam.mit.edu (Steve Summit) writes:
>In article <2713 at lupine.NCD.COM> rfg at NCD.COM (Ron Guilmette) writes:
>>This group is for discussing the use of (and the rules of) ANSI C.
>
>Which group?  Posting an article containing the words "this
>group" under a Newsgroups: line containing two groups is bound to
>be confusing (at best).

I apologize to everyone, and especially to the readers of comp.lang.c.
When I posted my wild flame about sticking to discussing ANSI C, I
confess that I did not check to see what all of the newsgroups were
that the original posting (or my follow-up) were going to.

Certainly, I have no reason to object to discussions of (so-called)
K&R C over in comp.lang.c.

I do however encourage everyone to use ANSI C instead.

Again... sorry for my goof.

--

// Ron Guilmette  -  C++ Entomologist
// Internet: rfg at ncd.com      uucp: ...uunet!lupine!rfg