Regular Expressions HELP needed

Henry Spencer henry at zoo.toronto.edu
Tue Dec 4 09:52:48 AEST 1990

In article <1578 at media01.UUCP> steed at media01.UUCP (Aristides Grigoriou) writes:
>	  - Are RE's standarised (POSIX,ANSI maybe) ?

POSIX 1003.2 is going to include some RE standardization.  As of the last
draft, it is going to resemble my regexp routines a whole lot more than
it resembles the abortions found in SysV and BSD.  I know of no current
implementation that exactly matches the POSIX stuff, however.
--
"The average pointer, statistically,    |Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
points somewhere in X." -Hugh Redelmeier| henry at zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry