comment style

Bob Martin rmartin at clear.com
Sat Dec 29 15:02:56 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec27.215842.23685 at ivy.uucp> iverson at ivy.uucp (Tim Iverson) writes:
>Actually, you don't have to put the closing '*/' on the *end* of the line:
>
>/*	e.g. these lines are commented out /* even if they have comments */
>/*	You can also grep for "^/**/" to find where they all are.
>/**/

I personally vote for inclusion of the // comment in the ANSI standard.

Does anybody know what the standard says about nested comments?

i.e.  	/*
		/* is this valid
		/* or will it generate errors
		/**/

The sun C++ compiler chokes on comments like this, as do a few other C
compilers around.  What is the official stance.
--
+-Robert C. Martin-----+:RRR:::CCC:M:::::M:| Nobody is responsible for |
| rmartin at clear.com    |:R::R:C::::M:M:M:M:| my words but me.  I want  |