vprintf()

Stephen Clamage steve at taumet.com
Sun Jul 29 08:38:00 AEST 1990

chin at ankh.ankh.ftl.fl.us (Albert Chin) writes:

>Is vprintf() mandated to be in <stdio.h> by ANSI C.

Yes, in a "hosted" implementation.  Section 4.9.6.8 of the standard.

> My "ANSI" compiler doesn't have it ...

Complain to the vendor.  It is not an ANSI-conforming compiler (in a
"hosted" implementation) if vprintf() is missing.  To implement vprintf(),
you usually need to know the underlying implementation of printf().
The various members of the printf() family generally set up a call to
a special function (often called something like _doprint).  You need to
know what this is and how to call it in order to implement vprintf().

Steve Clamage, TauMetric Corp, steve at taumet.com