warning: '/*' within comment

Lars Henrik Mathiesen thorinn at skinfaxe.diku.dk
Sat Jun 9 08:48:27 AEST 1990

karl at haddock.ima.isc.com (Karl Heuer) writes:
<More generally, `#if 0...#endif' should not be considered a `comment', except
<in the sense of `commenting out code'.  The contents are still lexed into C
<tokens ...

diamond at tkou02.enet.dec.com (diamond at tkovoa) writes:
<Should be: The contents MIGHT still be lexed into PREPROCESSOR tokens

<> 	#if 0
<> 	The compiler won't like this
<Should be:  SOME perfectly valid compilers won't like this
<> 	#endif

If you know of an ANSI C compiler (I don't think it's ``perfectly
valid'' otherwise) which does not lex #if'fed-out blocks into
pptokens, please explain how it handles this conformant (I think)
program:
#include <stdio.h>
#if 0
C's weird\
#if 1		/* isn't it */
#else
int main(int c, char *v[]) { printf("Hello, world!\n"); return 0; }
#endif