Reality check (Was Re: prototypes required ?)

bob larson blarson at dianne.usc.edu
Thu Nov 1 16:47:46 AEST 1990

In article <MEISSNER.90Oct22135944 at osf.osf.org> meissner at osf.org (Michael Meissner) writes:
>The one thing that varargs can do which stdarg can't, is vary the type

Another big advantage to varargs is it can, on some systems, be implented
without source to the C compiler.  I understand why this was not of
concern to ANSI, but it is to those of us who need varargs/stdargs
functionality on systems without ANSI C compilers.

(I've written a copuple of varargs implementations.)
--
Bob Larson (blars)	blarson at usc.edu			usc!blarson
	Hiding differences does not make them go away.  Accepting