Another sizeof question

Henry Spencer henry at zoo.toronto.edu
Fri Nov 2 03:29:42 AEST 1990

In article <2638 at cirrusl.UUCP> dhesi%cirrusl at oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com (Rahul Dhesi) writes:
>I was a little surprised to discover that ANSI C tries to allow the
>preprocessor to be separately implementable, but it does not require it
>to be separately available.

Why the surprise?  There is a big difference between "allows" and "requires"
when we are talking about a language that is already in widespread use with
many divergent implementations.
--
"I don't *want* to be normal!"         | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
"Not to worry."                        |  henry at zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry