Another sizeof question

Rick Schubert rns at se-sd.SanDiego.NCR.COM
Wed Nov 7 07:49:13 AEST 1990

In <1990Nov2.034300.3065 at tkou02.enet.dec.com> diamond at tkou02.enet.dec.com (diamond at tkovoa) writes:

>In article <MEISSNER.90Oct30121525 at osf.osf.org> meissner at osf.org (Michael Meissner) writes:

>>When I worked at Data General on the MV C compiler, I added sizeof
>>support to the preprocessor

>As I understand the standard, a conforming processor is not allowed to
>support this extension, even with a warning, even with a #pragma, etc.

Others have replied to other aspects of this issue.  I just wanted to add
that everything is allowed via a #pragma.  X3J11 reaffirmed at some point
that the behavior of any program with a #pragma is implementation defined,
so a #pragma can do anything.

-- Rick Schubert (rns at se-sd.sandiego.NCR.COM)