3.5.4.3, special case parameter declaration

James Jones jejones at mcrware.UUCP
Wed Oct 17 22:20:14 AEST 1990

I just noticed the special case mentioned on lines 2-4 of page 81 of the
Standard (section 3.5.4.3) that, if I understand rightly, says that a
parameter-declaration of the form "(typedef-name)" is to be interpreted
as if it were "()(typedef-name)".  Questions:

1. What is the type of the value returned by the function taking a
   single typedef-name type argument?
2. Where is the prior art for this context-sensitive interpretation?
   I certainly don't want to start a sequence of messages concerning
   C type syntax, but whatever one thinks of it, I don't believe it
   ever had this sort of (highly misleading, IMHO) special case.

	James Jones