X3J11 Pleasanton meeting summary

Mark Brader msb at sq.sq.com
Thu Oct 4 04:43:59 AEST 1990

A word of appreciation to Doug for posting this information.
One question:

> 	int a[4][5];
> 	a[1][7] = 0;	/* undefined behavior */
> Dave Prosser (our Redactor) vigorously protested the above interpretation.

My opinion is that the protest was right and the ruling wrong.
My question is whether rulings like this are valid for all time
(until the Standard is revised, that is) or whether they can be
reversed at a later meeting, if someone submits, say, a clearer
case for one point of view than was presented originally.

Doug?
--
Mark Brader, Toronto		"Mark is probably right about something,
utzoo!sq!msb, msb at sq.com	 but I forget what"	-- Rayan Zachariassen

This article is in the public domain.