Proposed Enhancement to select/case (yes, I know...)

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Sun Sep 2 12:27:34 AEST 1990

In article <MEISSNER.90Aug31102441 at osf.osf.org> meissner at osf.org (Michael Meissner) writes:
>It was one of the Boston based meetings that it got added in.

Ah, academic freaks not Pascal freaks.  :-)  Thanks for the corrected history.

>... one of the problems that kept being mentioned was 'a'..'z'

That's not a problem, is it?  The only sane meaning would be the numbers from
'a' through 'z', however many there may be  (These are numbers, not characters!)
That fact that that particular code would probably not correctly achieve the
programmer's intention is the programmer's problem, not the language's.