ISO 646 alternate representation

Keld J|rn Simonsen keld at login.dkuug.dk
Sun Apr 7 22:31:31 AEST 1991

gwyn at smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) writes:

>In article <keld.670872140 at dkuugin> keld at login.dkuug.dk (Keld J|rn Simonsen) writes:
>>It is not our local standard we want supported, but ISO 646 invariant,
>>which is an *international* standard, and the base for all national
>>ISO 646 standards.

>And which the existing C standard does support.

ISO 9899:1990 supports ISO DIS 646 IRV, not the invariant part of 646.

>>WG14 are now fully behind this Danish requirement.

>That is not what I hear from other WG14 members.

I think these members are not that well informed then.
I quote the #10 resolution from the WG14 Copenhagen meeting 90-11-27
"It is the opinion of WG14 that the problems caused by national
variants of ISO 646 have to be solved"
This resolution was unanimously approved.