++i++ in Plain English

Craig Nelson mwizard at eecs.cs.pdx.edu
Fri Apr 19 19:07:09 AEST 1991

peter at ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) writes:

>In article <3845 at inews.intel.com> bhoughto at hopi.intel.com (Blair P. Houghton) writes:
>> Yes, you're right, most of it is moot, but remember that
>> the entire operation is permitted to be "discarded" if
>> the value of i is never used again in the rest of its
>> current scope.

>	... and if i isn't volatile ...
>--
>Peter da Silva.  `-_-'  peter at ferranti.com
>+1 713 274 5180.  'U`  "Have you hugged your wolf today?"

>Shouldn't that be "if I aren't volatile"?

	Boy, did I start a "nasty" or what ?   This will sound kinda stupid
but I actualy tried this on a 4.2 BSD machine about three years ago.
I know it won't sound right, but you know what it did ?  Nothing, not
a damn thing happened to i.  it just blew it over.

Cheers!

 || Craig R. Nelson                | CCSofD Software Inc.              ||
 || Programmer                     | Beaverton, OR, 97005              ||
 || mwizard at eecs.ee.pdx.edu        | (unlisted on the net)             ||
 || The opinions expressed here are mine.  No one gave them to me.     ||
 || Since I own half of it they are also the company's opinons.        ||
 || (but only fifty-percent of the time.)                              ||