comment style

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.uucp
Sun Jan 6 16:08:44 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan04.164355.15674 at sco.COM> Ron Irvine writes:
>	a = 100/*p	/* calculate first factor */
>	    + 25/n;	/* and second factor */
>
>It is incredibly STUPID to have the start of comment token the same
>as a LEGAL combination of other language tokens.
>I have run this program on 4 different C compilers and none of them
>even warned of a potential problem (nested comments).

Then you didn't try Gnu C with the -Wall option:

tst.c:10 warning: `/*' within comment

Turbo C generated a warning as well but it was because p was assigned a
value and then never used.  That's a warning I wish gcc issued.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy at druid)     |
D'Arcy Cain Consulting             |   There's no government