comment style

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.brl.mil
Sun Jan 20 19:43:04 AEST 1991

In article <18701:Jan1916:03:2691 at kramden.acf.nyu.edu> brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:
>Why can't people get together here and discuss how (and if) to propose
>// to ANSI for the next revision of the standard?

Several points:

I understand that there is another newsgroup for such discussions.

People proposing // seem unaware that this has already been considered
and rejected for the C standard.  No arguments have been made that
would justify reopening the issue.

It will be several years before the ANSI C committee will be soliciting
public comment for the next revision of the C standard.  Thus this
newsgroup is not presently a useful place for such discussions.