comment style

Henry Spencer henry at zoo.toronto.edu
Tue Jan 8 04:28:16 AEST 1991

In article <1990Dec29.040256.21708 at clear.com> rmartin at clear.com (Bob Martin) writes:
>I personally vote for inclusion of the // comment in the ANSI standard.

Far too late.  The ANSI C standard has already been finalized, ratified,
and published.  Incidentally, you don't get to vote on such things unless
you're a member of the relevant committee (which is open to anyone, although
there are fees involved).

>Does anybody know what the standard says about nested comments?

The standard, like all definitions of C since the beginning, says quite
explicitly that comments do not nest.
--
If the Space Shuttle was the answer,   | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
what was the question?                 |  henry at zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry