Standards Update, Part 5: IEEE 1003.2

Shane P. McCarron ahby at bungia.bungia.mn.org
Wed Dec 14 17:08:03 AEST 1988

From: Shane P. McCarron <ahby at bungia.bungia.mn.org>

> From: gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn )
>
> Eek!  I thought the original 1003.2 intent was to permit implementation
> in a monocase command-line environment.  Has that been discarded?

I have been in the .2 group since their first real meeting, and that
was never discussed as an option.  If we are codifying existing
practice, then this clearly cannot be achieved.  While requiring a
single grep is not "codifying existing practice", it does permit
existing practice, while still giving a view to the future.

Shane P. McCarron			UUCP: ahby at bungia.mn.org
Systems Analyst				ATT: +1 612 224-9239