Machine Readable ANSI C Std?

Moderator, John S. Quarterman std-unix at longway.TIC.COM
Sat Mar 26 02:24:32 AEST 1988

From: uunet!crdos1!davidsen (William E. Davidsen Jr)

In article <143 at longway.TIC.COM> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <uunet!brl.arpa!gwyn>) writes:
| [...]
| One argument against the idea has been that it would make it easy
| for someone to crank out copies of a document that looked like the
| official standard but that had deviations from it, which is deemed
| undesirable.

Of course it would also (a) cut the money that Global Press makes
selling the standard ($1 per page????) and would allow sites to keep it
online to improve use for it.  I would think CBEMA would want to sell
site licenses for the document.

[ What does ``to improve use for it'' mean?  -mod ]
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)