Are POSIX documents available for ftp from somewhere?

Charles Hedrick hedrick at athos.rutgers.edu
Sun Aug 26 13:39:20 AEST 1990

From:  hedrick at athos.rutgers.edu (Charles Hedrick)

I find this a wierd argument.  If IEEE makes their standards
publically accessible, Rutgers will keep local copies FTP'd directly
from IEEE, as we do for the RFC's.  If they make it accessible only to
"selected" people, we'll end up with unofficial copies coming
indirectly from those selected people.  Which do you think is more
likely to result in accurate copies?  The simplest method of
authentication is for us to get things directly from IEEE.