disabling TIOCGPGRP on pty master sides

Sean Eric Fagan sef at kithrup.COM
Sat Dec 22 16:38:33 AEST 1990

Submitted-by: sef at kithrup.COM (Sean Eric Fagan)

In article <16068 at cs.utexas.edu> thorinn at rimfaxe.diku.dk (Lars Henrik Mathiesen) writes:
>I'd very much hope that such an ioctl would include checks for the
>termio settings of the slave side: A signal should only be allowed if
>it would be possible to write a character on the master pty to achieve
>the same result. (And then, why not do just that?)

Because that won't support existing practice.

Emacs defines C-xC-c in shell mode to be "interrupt-shell-subjob."  It is
defined to send a SIGINT to the process group.  Not a control-c, or DEL, or
whatever you have your interrupt character defined as.  Note that emacs
terminates the shell by sending it (I believe) a SIGTERM.  What keyboard
sequence generates that signal?

sef at kithrup.COM  |  I had a bellyache at the time."