Advantages of SCCS?

Paul Eggert eggert at dew.uucp
Mon May 7 08:58:31 AEST 1990

From: uunet!twinsun!dew!eggert (Paul Eggert)

In comp.std.unix 19:96 hlj at posix.COM (Hal Jespersen) writes:

	The group was overwhelmingly in favor of using SCCS as the superior
	technical solution, but SCCS has two problems:

Could someone in the group summarize why the group decided that SCCS is
superior technically?  Tichy's paper on RCS says that it is usually faster than
SCCS.  In my spare time, I'm preparing several improvements to RCS that I'll
eventually submit to Purdue, and if there are easy ways to improve RCS I'd like
to hear about them.