posix and filesystems

Sean Eric Fagan seanf at sco.COM
Fri Feb 8 04:51:34 AEST 1991

Submitted-by: seanf at sco.COM (Sean Eric Fagan)

Given a more-or-less POSIX-compliant system, with multiple filesystem types
(e.g., a "normal" unix filesystem, NFS, and DOS, all mounted at the same
time), does anyone have any ideas what, oh, symlink() should return when
attempted on a filesystem that does not support it?  For various reasons, I
kinda like EINVAL, but I did want to see if anyone else had any ideas, or if
someone could come up with a reference for a "definitive" posix-compliant
answer.

--
Sean Eric Fagan  | "*Never* knock on Death's door:  ring the bell and