what is the status of 1003.4 ?

Gil Tene devil at techunix.technion.ac.il
Sat Jun 15 00:02:15 AEST 1991

Submitted-by: devil at techunix.technion.ac.il (Gil Tene)

Hello people,

I am interested in knowing the current status of POSIX 1003.4. I have
read some articles (quite) a while back, but haven't seen anything new
on the subject.

Maybe you people out there can help me ?

-	When is a final version of 1003.4 expected to be adopted ?

-	What will 1003.4 include ? what sub-1003.4 parts are there ?
	(e.g. 1003.4a, etc.)

-	Where/how can I get my hands on the drafts ?

-	What is the current "trend" in the industry with regard
	to meeting 1003.4 standards ? How soon can we expect
	to see 1003.4 support in major releases of vendors ?
	(SVR4, OSF/1, SunOS, HP-UX, Ultrix, etc.)

I think this may be of interest to the entire group (comp.std.unix
and comp.realtime). I will summerize any e-mail responses, but would
also like to see a more wide-spread discussion.

AdvThanks,

-- Gil.
-- Gil Tene			"Some days it just doesn't pay    --
-- devil at techunix.technion.ac.il  to go to sleep in the morning." --