access permissions in 1003.1

Michael I Bushnell mib at geech.gnu.ai.mit.edu
Thu Jun 6 09:55:43 AEST 1991

Submitted-by: mib at geech.gnu.ai.mit.edu (Michael I Bushnell)

In article <1991Jun5.201559.11784 at uunet.uu.net> willcox at urbana.mcd.mot.com (David A Willcox) writes:

   >Since
   >nobody but the FSF seems to want real Posix.1 compliance and ANSI C
   >compliance in one system, I guess Reat The Standard will not be a good
   >clue to the behavior of Posix compliance claiming systems.

   I don't think that that's true.  I know of at least three vendors who
   are at least striving to support ANSI C and POSIX.1 on the same
   system.  It can be done.  The headers get pretty ugly, though.

What about name space cleanliness at link time?  All the systems seem
to punt on this one, and it really indicates their lack of commitment.

	-mib