AT&T external monitor for the Unix PC?

Rob Stampfli res at colnet.uucp
Sun Apr 7 06:59:24 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar29.215240.24812 at shibaya.lonestar.org> afc at shibaya.lonestar.org (Augustine Cano) writes:

>At the last local HAM/electronics/computer flea market I found what looks
>like an exact duplicate of the Unix PC monitor, with the following
>differences:
>
>	... differences deleted ...
>
>What did this monitor come with?  Since, except for minor differences, it
>looks exactly like the Unix PC monitor, can it be used as a replacement?
>What exactly is the pin-out?  What kind of adapter cable would have to be
>made to plug it into the mother-board? (if it is in fact compatible).

It sounds like a monochrome monitor for the AT&T 6300 XT clone.  I have one,
and the only difference is the lack of the keyboard connections you describe,
as the keyboard plugs into the computer itself, not the monitor.  I asked
a friend at work whether this monitor could be made to work on a 7300 and
the response was "not easily".  It seems the scan rates of the two are
different, different flyback transformers, etc.  Would cost more to upgrade
it to work than it was worth.  I haven't tried it, though.  I suspect some
of the parts could be used to fix a broken Unix-PC monitor, and would suspect
the CRT could be swapped.  Hope this helps.
--
Rob Stampfli, 614-864-9377, res at kd8wk.uucp (osu-cis!kd8wk!res), kd8wk at n8jyv.oh