sc 6.14 build (yacc) problem on 3b1

David R. Mayne david at wmms.UUCP
Tue Apr 30 05:27:10 AEST 1991

In article <28277 at uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU>, ruck at reef.cis.ufl.edu (John Ruckstuhl) writes:
> Any 3b1's using sc 6.14?  I'm still using 6.1, but recently tried to
> build 6.14.  The make failed early, with:
>
> yacc -d gram.y
>  fatal error: too many terminals, limit 127, line 346

Yes, there is a hard limit on the number of terminal symbols allowed
in the stock yacc.

Get byacc (Berkeley yacc). Compiles without a hitch on the 3b1. Also operates
much faster than the stock yacc.

Last time I checked, byacc was availible from skeeve (that's where I got
my copy - thanks to Arnold Robbins for making this archive site availible).

Best of luck,
David

--
David R. Mayne         1364 Normandy Dr. NE             Atlanta, GA 30306
david at wmms             (404) 876-0943        ...!gatech!bagend!wmms!david