BITFTP

David Kozinn david at dbk.uucp
Fri Apr 26 11:28:45 AEST 1991

In article <91 at morwyn.UUCP> forrie at morwyn.UUCP (Forrie Aldrich) writes:
>For those of you who use BITFTP to get your files to the 3b1:  I'm curious
>about something.  I never really had a problem using BITFTP when I was
>getting mail sent to a machine that was directly connected to UUNET... but
>it seems that when I involve another path with 2 more machines, BITFTP won't
>send the files to me...

I believe that the bitftp requires a fully-qualified domain address. Ok,
you say, but morwyn.uucp looks like one to me, what's the problem? The
problem is that there is no "official" top-level domain called .uucp, so
any request with a reply address that points to .uucp usually can't get
through. I had this same problem which went away as soon as I started using
the FQDN from one of the machines at work. After that, all has worked quite
well.
--
David Kozinn
UUCP:   {uunet,mips}!sonyusa!sonyd1!dbk!david
Domain: david%dbk at Broadcast.Sony.COM or david at dbk.mony.com
GEnie:  D.KOZINN