UUCP at 19200

J. Adams - SunOS Wizard adams at ucunx1.san.uc.edu
Sat Apr 6 03:03:42 AEST 1991

Just to add my $0.02 worth, I've been running a 7300 (sans EtherNet :-(
) connected via null modem cable to a Sun 3/60.  I'm running 3.51m with
the serial patch from OSU and HDB.  The port in question is on a combo
card in the first slot with HFC enabled.  I'm also running nipc.o, but
otherwise nothing unusual (no VoicePower, etc.).

I routinely get 1750CPS 7300->Sun and 1450 Sun->7300 with no retries
logged (data from xferstats).

This is using UUCP 'g' protocol.  Note: I do get dropped characters on
cu connections.  I suspect the relatively small blocks of UUCP data can
be swallowed, but continuous transmission is too much.

--
       Jim Adams              Department of Physiology and Biophysics
adams at ucunix.san.uc.edu     University of Cincinnati College of Medicine