Wouldn't it be nice (BSD port)

David H. Brierley dave at galaxia.Newport.RI.US
Tue Apr 16 02:59:20 AEST 1991

In article <77 at morwyn.UUCP> forrie at morwyn.UUCP (Forrie Aldrich) writes:
>Since BSD is basically a public domain implementation of UNIX, and the
>src code is readily available from UUNET for downloading, etc... wouldn't
>it be NICE if someone out there could develop a BSD kernel for the 3B1 so

This sounds good in theory but at the current moment only about 80 to 90
percent of BSD is freely available.  If you want to build a system that
only boots up 80% of the way, then go for it.  The people at CSRG are
working towards a totally free system but they still have a ways to go.
I'm sure that if you contacted CSRG they would be more than willing to
accept your help in rewriting the remaining code.  I believe they have a
list of utility programs that need to be rewritten.
--
David H. Brierley
Home: dave at galaxia.newport.ri.us; Work: dhb at quahog.ssd.ray.com
Send comp.sources.3b1 submissions to comp-sources-3b1 at galaxia.newport.ri.us
%% Can I be excused, my brain is full. **