COMPRESS bug? Has this happened to YOU?

Forrie Aldrich forrie at morwyn.UUCP
Tue Apr 16 13:10:12 AEST 1991

I have had, a few times, an interesting thing happen to me when using
this newer version of compress:

$Header: compress.c,v 4.0 85/07/30 12:50:00 joe Release $

When I am in the middle of 'zcat'ing a file, and I stop/interrupt, suddenly
the file I was looking at disappears and is gone without a trace.

Can anyone explain why this is so?  I think I will revert back to the older
version of compress that I had, as I never had problems with it.

Thanks,

Forrie

PS:  I snarfed this version of compress from the gnu archives on
prep.ai.mit.edu ...

--

Forrest Aldrich, Jr.|   ...uunet!eci!morwyn!forrie       |forrie at morywn.UUCP