RFS or NFS on the 3B1...

snyder mps at hawkeye.UUCP
Tue Apr 30 23:26:04 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr29.095746.22262 at blilly.UUCP>, bruce at balilly (Bruce Lilly)
writes:
> In article <1991Apr28.173808.22383 at cbfsb.att.com> marz at cbnewsb.cb.att.com
> (martin.zam) writes:
> >I'm quite surprised.  This is the first time that I've posted a request
> >for information to THIS group and got no response at all.  I recently
> >asked if RFS or NFS was available for the 3B1.  Every time I've asked
>
> There's no kernel support for RFS/NFS (no RPC). (This same question
> appeared a few weeks ago)

i *THINK* that in the Sun Users Group (SUG) distributions recently there was
a distribution of source for the RPC/XDR (Remote Procedure Call/eXternal Data
Representation) libraries used on suns...

if anyone can confirm this, and possibly supply the source (all SUG stuff is
distributable as far as i know); maybe an inquiry on comp.sys.sun might also
be helpful.

| THE BEE (author unknown)            | Michael P. Snyder    |
|  She is a busy soul.                | P.O. Box 135         |
|  She has no time for birth control. | Cresco, Iowa  52136  |
|  That is why, in times like these,  +----------------------+
|  There are so many "Sons of Bees".  | mps at hawkeye          |