RFS or NFS on the 3B1...

martin.zam marz at cbnewsb.cb.att.com
Mon Apr 29 03:38:08 AEST 1991

I'm quite surprised.  This is the first time that I've posted a request
for information to THIS group and got no response at all.  I recently
asked if RFS or NFS was available for the 3B1.  Every time I've asked
for information, somebody, if not everybody posted or emailed me some
words of wisdom on the subject.  Many times the answer was that this
won't work because..., or it might work if..., but never dead silence.

Let me try this again.  Has anybody succeeded in making RFS or NFS work
on the 3B1?  I would like to use one of my systems as a public access
netnews site, and would like to keep the news articles on the 320Mbyte
drive on my ISC UNIX 386.  If the answer turns out ot be no, I may have
to allow public access to my 386, or find some larger drives for the 3B1.

Taking this along another tack, can my 3B1s be networked together, allowing
me to split the news articles across two systems, and therefore two drives?

Any ideas?!?!

						Thanks in advance,
						Martin Zam
						(201)564-2554