Help! More than 25 processes needed!

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Tue Apr 16 23:24:12 AEST 1991

michael at stb.info.com (Michael Gersten) writes:

>Help! My 3b1 will not let me run more than 25 processes per user,
>and this is not ktunable. Does anyone know either a magic ADB
>sequence to change this, or even the address where this maximum
>is stored?

We had a situation where ONE user needed to run hundreds or thousands of
processes.  We simply created a range of user-ids for this user, and his
tasks will "su" to another ID before they fork.  (The user-ids must have
different user numbers.)

--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Dun and Bradstreet Software, Inc (404) 239-2347
...gatech!nanovx!msa3b!kevin